Madonna opens up about sexual abuse shortly at age 19

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Madonna not only graces the cover of Harper's Bazaar's November issue, she also opens up about her 30 years of ruling pop in a personal essay that chronicles her childhood, moving to New York and her rise to fame

Madonna has revealed she was raped at knife-point at the start of her career.
The pop legend has opened up about her traumatic ordeal for the first time in nearly two decades, revealing she was sexually abused by a stranger at knifepoint shortly after arriving in New York City from Rochester, Michigan, to pursue her dreams of stardom.
Writing in the November issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine, the 55-year-old singer recalls: 'New York wasn't everything I thought it would be. It did not welcome me with open arms. The first year, I was held up at gunpoint. Raped on the roof of a building I was dragged up to with a knife in my back.'

'I was defiant. Hell-bent on surviving. On making it. But it was hard and it was lonely, and I had to dare myself every day to keep going,' the Rochester, Michigan-born singer writes of her first years in Manhattan

'If I can't be daring in my work or the way I live my life, then I don't really see the point of being on this planet,' explains the singer, who has strongly hinted that she could be releasing a new album in 2014

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2444351/Madonna-reveals-raped-roof-building-New-York-age-19.html
My Facebook
My Google+
Contact me

0 comments:

Post a Comment